- The anticipated uptick in demand for tantalum capacitors due to the expected increases in raw tantalum pricing has been slow to materialize, primarily as a result of general market sluggishness.
- Spot shortages continue on some Pulse Engineering transformer modules, with the heaviest activity occurring in early September.
- Shortage activity has increased on Freescale network processors as well as some Vitesse transceivers.
- Converge has learned that Altera has increased prices 20% across the board.
- Altera PLDs are currently showing some pockets of shortage activity.
September 18, 2008
Posted by Converge at 1:10 PM