We are currently tracking parts that might experience shortages and delays in the following areas:
- Spot shortages remain on Freescale processors.
- We have been monitoring an uptick in demand for some Murata chip inductors and filters.
- Activity is increasing once again for military connectivity devices. Meanwhile, military contractors are tightening their quality processes.
- Some manufacturers showing increased activity are Broadcom, Infineon, Analog Devices, PMC and IDT.
- Overall activity in September was better, but it will be critical, given the current financial situation, to monitor general market activity over the next 90 days.