Why are we so obsessed with “Quality”? One reason may be that we have quite a bit to say about it. But mainly it’s because we are proud of our commitment to excellence in all areas of quality.
In past blogs posts, we have focused on individual areas of quality and how they impact our business and the electronics industry. In this blog, we would like to take a step back and provide our readers with a retrospective of the quality process.
If we look at the big picture it’s fair to say that “Quality” is one of the most common buzzwords in the electronics components industry today. Any independent distributor, broker, or franchise distributor you talk to will within minutes bring up the topic to either boast about their quality achievements or discuss the challenges that may face them.
Quality is essentially engrained in every aspect of the business, whether it’s providing quality customer service or quality components, or even just in the quality processes. And quite frankly, there is no tolerance for inefficient processes.
So what are the reasons Converge’s quality is so recognized in the electronic components industry?
- Converge has a global commodity management team that utilizes their individual market expertise to provide insight on shortages, surplus inventory, and procurement opportunities in the marketplace.
- Our vendor management program, which is a strict vendor screening and management program, identifies, qualifies, and approves suppliers while monitoring their performance throughout every transaction.
- Our continually evolving multi-point quality inspection process now includes over 101 checkpoints.
- Our component quality engineers are trained and certified to the IDEA–ICE 3000 standard and recertified every 2 years.
- Our global facilities contain the latest testing equipment and technology, including baking ovens, XRF guns, X-ray/decapsulation machines, and an identification tool for CPU testing.
- We have also adopted and implemented the 5S (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, and sustain) workplace organizational method to optimize workflow efficiency.
- And finally, our in-house reporting, monitoring, and annual customer satisfaction survey provides us with critical feedback on how we are performing and helps us identify areas for continual improvement.
For more information on Converge’s quality processes and procedures, please drop us a line at email@example.com.